Dynamic features used

Almar Klein almar.klein at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 08:57:35 EST 2008

> - Is it good for Python to become two languages in one, a fast
> statically typed one and a dynamically one, like pypy shows to like
> with RPython, or is it better to go the way of the Boo language, that
> (while being mostly static) is mixing dynamic and static typing in the
> same code, but that must rely on a very complex virtual machine to
> work?

I was going to ask about what the difference between dynamic and
static types was again, but remebered there was a thread on this
some time ago where this link was posted:
http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2006/11/25/a-taxonomy-of-typing-systems/

IMO you would not want to mix two typing systems in one language,
unless you can very explicitly say for a variable "this one is static". Is
this not what pyrex does in a way?  Moreover, such a change would
be quite fundamental, I don't think you'll easily convince Guido on this :)

Cheers,
  Almar