I need a simple windows form handle.

一首诗 newptcai at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:50:59 EST 2008

Hi all,

Today I was writing a simple test app for a video decoder library.

I use python to parse video files and input data to the library.

I got a problem here,  I need a windows form, and send the form handle
to the library as a parameter, then it can output video on the form.

Here is my problem:

  What is the simplest way to get a windows form which has a handle?

I tried to use win32py but it seems to be to complicate for my
purpose.
And the form would block the main thread even if I call its DoModal
method on another thread.

PS: Finally I decided I can not finish it today so I write a WinForm
App in C# in 5 minutes and send video from my python app to it by UDP.

That works.