Python / Debian package dependencies

Stephane Bulot stephane at bulot.org
Thu Nov 20 04:31:34 EST 2008

Hi Steven,
This is a normal behaviour for dpkg. If there is a failing dependancy, dpkg
will not install dependancies, it will notify only and will not install the
package. Dependancies installations are managed by the front-end to dpkg
(aptitude or apt). This is not a python issue that you are facing to.
Cheers
Stephbul