HELP!...Google SketchUp needs a Python API

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 22:31:03 EST 2008

On Nov 28, 12:49 pm, r <rt8... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well... 3 for Ruby 1 for python. Not looking good so far. Any more
> votes?

I don't see -any- of the responses in this thread "voting" for
anything other than a more civil approach to your request. If you're
seeing these in a "if you're not with me you're against me" light,
then you have far more serious concerns then the absence of a Python
API in SketchUp.

Incidentally, Google -acquired- SketchUp from an independent
development company, as they were looking for a simple-to-use
modelling tool to allow for rapid model inclusion with Google Earth.
AS @Last Software were completely unrelated to Google when they first
developed SketchUp, it's hardly a surprise that they chose whatever
damn scripting API they wanted to.