HELP!...Google SketchUp needs a Python API

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 22:45:37 EST 2008

On Nov 27, 9:31 pm, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 12:49 pm, r <rt8... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well... 3 for Ruby 1 for python. Not looking good so far. Any more
> > votes?
>
> I don't see -any- of the responses in this thread "voting" for
> anything other than a more civil approach to your request. If you're
> seeing these in a "if you're not with me you're against me" light,
> then you have far more serious concerns then the absence of a Python
> API in SketchUp.
>
> Incidentally, Google -acquired- SketchUp from an independent
> development company, as they were looking for a simple-to-use
> modelling tool to allow for rapid model inclusion with Google Earth.
> AS @Last Software were completely unrelated to Google when they first
> developed SketchUp, it's hardly a surprise that they chose whatever
> damn scripting API they wanted to.

I am still flabbergasted by the solid resistance to promoting Python.
Here of all places, NOT even one person(well Terry did kinda half
agree with me =), wants to support Python. I am completely perplexed.
I had to check and make sure this was comp.lang.python and NOT
comp.lang.ruby. WOW! I'm hurt, not that no one agree's with my overly
ambitious idea, but at the lack of support for Python. What would the
BDFL say if he saw this post, sure you can call me crazy, sure you can
call me an idiot, but you cannot support Python! You OWE your
allegence to Python and the BDFL. I would be very disappointed.

I think i know why nobody wants to get on-board. All the regulars
can't have a n00b come in here and propose a grand Idea. Does it
bother you that i am so ambitious, so FOR the advancement of Python!
Why do you get so offended by the mention that python is better in
this way or that, than Ruby. Answer that if you are a man. Would you
like to see python in more applications? Why do you even use Python.
Do you feel you should give back or just take, take, take??? I have
shared my feelings, let's hear yours.