Workflow engine?

Grzegorz Staniak gstaniak at wp.pl
Sat Nov 8 17:14:39 EST 2008

On 08.11.2008, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wroted:

>>> I would recommend to start with a problem, rather then with a solution.
>>> There is not so much magic in workflows as you might seem to think.
>>>
>>> After all its "just" maintaining a state and rules for possible transitions.
>>
>> Sure, and I know more or less how I'd do it if I had to code from scratch.
>> On the other hand, I don't want to code from scratch - if there are other
>> viable options. I'm not a genius, but I think I'd manage to write a web
>> framework too - do you really think it would be a good idea to start
>> writing another one?
>
> I think Tino was more referring to the fact that state machines are too
> trivial to write in Python to merit a whole framework.
>
> http://www.google.de/search?q=python+state+machine

To be exact, I used the words "engine/library", not "a whole framework".
Thanks for the link, I've googled for articles and recipes myself and
as I said, I more or less know what to do - I just thought it might be
a good idea to ask whether perhaps the wheel has already been invented.
Apparently I was wrong.

GS
--
Grzegorz Staniak <gstaniak _at_ wp [dot] pl>
Nocturnal Infiltration and Accurate Killing