Python web development that resembles PHP or classic ASP

Patrick Mullen saluk64007 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 13:17:41 EDT 2008

Hi Erik,

As far as I know the only full web framework that works with a primarily
inline style is spyce, which is not currently under active development.  I
used it for a while and it was the first python framework I used.  I think
it's pretty good, if a little bit of an underdog.

That said, using a controller based framework it would be pretty easy to
emulate what you are wanting.  Find a templating language that fits what you
want, build the controller to map to the directories, and pass into
templates all the objects that are needed to interact (response/request
objects etc) and you're set.