Python web development that resembles PHP or classic ASP

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon May 26 04:26:24 EDT 2008

erik.oosterwaal at gmail.com skrev:
> Hi All,

> So that's when I started looking at other dynamic languages for
> webdevelopment. I looked at Ruby on Rails and at the different web-
> frameworks that are available for Python. The biggest problem there
> for me is that the MVC type frameworks that are currently very popular
> are also not what I'm looking for.

Hi Erik,

I am an experienced Python developer working mostly in Plone. Before
that I came from asp like you.

If you want something that is most like what you are used to, you should
check out Django. I have not worked in it, but it get high praises from
developers I trust.

http://www.djangoproject.com/

If you want a more "modern" approach you should check out Grok. It has
been built on all the experiences made with Zope 2, CMF and Plone. It is
based on Zope 3.

http://grok.zope.org/

It is the one I would choose if starting from fresh today.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science