[python-win32] How to get all the variables in a python shell

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu May 29 09:38:56 EDT 2008

[Bizarrely, my mail system seems to be randomly misfiring.
If you've already seen this, please ignore!]

Tim Golden wrote:
Sorry, having seen Roger D's memcached suggestion, I realise I may
have misinterpreted your requirement. I thought that you wanted
a Python interpreter session to share its objects to another window,
hence my IPython suggestion. If you're writing your own console app
and want to share stuff, then there's any number of IPC possibilities.

Roger's already mentioned memcached which I've no more than a
passing knowledge of. But Pyro [1] is often a good bet for these
things, and the pyprocessing [2] module is gaining a fair bit of
traction at the moment. (To name just two out of many).

TJG

[1] http://pyro.sf.net
[2] http://pyprocessing.berlios.de/