adobe flex; return xml via turbogears/django

Sells, Fred fred.sells at adventistcare.org
Thu May 29 10:20:41 EDT 2008

please excuse slightly off-topic; cannot access turbogears mailing list at the moment.

There was an excellent video by James Ward that showed using turbogears to return json data to adoble's flex UI.  It simply used

@expose("JSON")
def xxxx():
	return dict(x=1, ...)

Is there any equivalent for xml, such as
@expose("XML")
def ....
	return myElementTreeRoot

I need to have more attribute data (for a grid) than I can cleanly do in json and while pyamf might do the trick, It adds a layer of "magic code" that I cannot sell to my team.  Also with xml and json, I can do my UI design with the url pointing to a test data file, then build the backend to match.

any ideas?

thanks

The information contained in this message may be privileged and / or
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying to this message and deleting the material from any
computer.