Module python-magic on/for Windows?

Larry Hale larzluv at hotmail.com
Sun May 11 20:12:07 EDT 2008

(quoted text below my reply)

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Michael!

Criminitly!  Figures!  HA!  I had it the WHOLE TIME, but didn't
realize it!  ;)  (As mentioned, I had FILE installed from GnuWin32.)
DUH!  I just neglected to do a search for "magic1.dll"... the most
obvious of the obvious!

I copied it from C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\magic1.dll to C:
\Program Files\python25\libs.

Imports fine now.  (I'll *test* it later.  Then write-up my HowTo... I
think I'll even see if I can make an EGG for others... SOUNDS "easy"
with EasyInstall [http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/
EasyInstall]...  I'll -see-...  :) )

Ah, sometimes one CAN'T see the forest for the trees; a few hours
hacking away at getting things going to THIS point will do it to ya...
err, or at least "to me"!  :D

Thanks, again, Michael...
-Larry