IPv6 and Python

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri May 2 15:36:16 EDT 2008

On May 2, 2:15 pm, "Giampaolo Rodola'" <gne... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a question about python programming, system
> administration or sockets in general...
> I have the FTP server in my signature to which I'd want to add IPv6
> support.
> My hosting company provides me a common IPv4 address.
> I'd like to set up my workstation (Windows XP or Linux Debian, doesn't
> really matter) to temporarily use IPv6 for trying to add such feature
> to my library (I work on both Windows XP and Linux).
> Could someone point me to some resources describing how could I do
> that?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --- Giampaolohttp://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib

Quote: "The individual computer systems must be upgraded to support
IPv6 (for example, on Windows XP and Server 2003 systems, IPv6 must be
installed as a Network Component via the Network Connections
Properties dialog box) and your routers must be upgraded to support
IPv6 protocols along with IPv4."

See http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5727015.html

Python's socket module also talks about IPv6 calls here:
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-socket.html

I've never messed with this, so good luck!

Mike