Cannot install Pypvm (Python Parallel Virtual Machine)

spectrumdt at gmail.com spectrumdt at gmail.com
Fri May 9 11:22:49 EDT 2008

Thanks for the reply.

I've found and installed the package containing pvm3.h. (The file is
now located under "share/pvm3/include/pvm3.h".) But Pypvm can't find
it.

Someone recommended that I install the equivalent of what is called
"build-essential" in Ubuntu. I was told that the equivalent can be
achieved in Fedora like this:

sudo yum groupinstall "Development Tools" --exclude=systemtap --
exclude=systemtap-runtime

I don't quite understand what these packages are supposed to do, but
they don't seem to help.

Can anyone tell me how to make (the installation program for) Pypvm
understand where the header file is?

Thanks in advance.