select.poll() and WSAPoll

inhahe inhahe at gmail.com
Tue May 6 09:35:05 EDT 2008

> I don't think we can officially support WPAPoll since Python 2.6 is
> suppose to run on Windows 2000 and XP, too.
>
> Christian

Oh, yeah, I was wondering about that, since there aren't separate
distributions of Python for Vista vs. XP etc.  But I wonder if Python could
just give an attribute error, or perhaps some other error, for select.poll
if it's not running on Vista, perhaps some kind of run-time detection if
it's vista or if wsapoll is available?  or even an installation time thing?
Since there's nothing promising that select.poll will work on windows
anyway.  or does it just not work like that? :e

although a third party module would be nice too (if anyone out there has
vista..:)