Scipy+SQLite crashes... , was: Re: SQLite import fails sometimes ?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Sat May 24 09:49:19 EDT 2008

John Machin wrote:
> Stef Mientki wrote:
>
>> I don't know if this matters, but I also use sqlite3 from other than
>> Python programs.
>
> You have an instance of sqlite3.dll in P:\Python\DLLs for use with
> Python, and (I guess) you have another instance of sqlite3.dll
> somewhere else, for use "from other than Python programs". Are they
> the same version? If not, this may be the problem. Start up your other
> application, then try to import sqlite3 from Python. If this is the
> problem, and you must be able to run both apps simultaneously, you
> will probably need to update one or the other.
>
> Cheers,
> John
> --
thanks John,

I think I hit the problem, ;-)
but I don't have a solution yet :-(

After creating the simplest program that did work :

 import sqlite3

I started adding every import statement used in my program,
until the program crashed,
and here is the simplest program that crashes:

 from scipy import *
 import sqlite3

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Data_Python\P24_PyLab_Works\module1.py", line 2, in <module>
    import sqlite3
  File "P:\Python\lib\sqlite3\__init__.py", line 24, in <module>
    from dbapi2 import *
  File "P:\Python\lib\sqlite3\dbapi2.py", line 27, in <module>
    from _sqlite3 import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: Invalid access to memory location.

Any solutions ?
(btw I need to do the *-import, because I create an easy user
environment to do math and physics)

thanks,
Stef Mientki