SQLite import fails sometimes ?

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Sat May 24 09:29:58 EDT 2008

Stef Mientki wrote:

> I don't know if this matters, but I also use sqlite3 from other than
> Python programs.

You have an instance of sqlite3.dll in P:\Python\DLLs for use with
Python, and (I guess) you have another instance of sqlite3.dll somewhere
else, for use "from other than Python programs". Are they the same
version? If not, this may be the problem. Start up your other
application, then try to import sqlite3 from Python. If this is the
problem, and you must be able to run both apps simultaneously, you will
probably need to update one or the other.

Cheers,
John