File Creation Not Working In A Thread Class?

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 16:08:26 EDT 2008

On May 11, 2:01 pm, 7stud <bbxx789_0... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 1:28 pm, bc90021 <pyt... at bc90021.net> wrote:
>

> > > ...and the exact error message was?
>
> > > Here is a tip: if you want people to help you, then you have to help
> > > them to help you.  Personally, I wouldn't respond to anymore of your
> > > questions because you seem incapable of posting the information that was
> > > requested.
>
> > So far, the people who have answered this post have gone on the
> > assumption that I'm stupid.  I'm not.  I took perfectly working code,
> > cut it from one class, and put it in another.  It stopped working in the
> > second class.  I've spent days on this and trust me, given what I've
> > experienced of the Python community so far, if I didn't have to ask, I
> > wouldn't.
>
> > (I really must say that so far the help I am getting in the Python
> > community is a big let down.  Whether it's on IRC or here, everyone has
> > an arrogance that I don't find anywhere else in the open source
> > community, and it seriously makes me question the choice of language that
> > I've made.)
>
> > The error message was at the top of the thread (am I incapable of posting
> > it, or are you incapable of following a thread?), but here it is again:
>
> > IOError: [Errno 2] no such file u'tempfileName'
>
> Well, it appears to me that this error message is different than the
> one in your first post.  But maybe I'm on LSD right now and things
> will be appear differently tomorrow.
>
> In addition, I've never seen a python error message that doesn't
> include the traceback, which you were asked to post, but apparently
> are still incapbable of doing.  Also, any line numbers in the error
> message should be marked in your code with comments.  That will help
> other people help you, remember?

In addition, posting the exact output from this:

>print "We're in copying, and tempfileName is: %s...\n" % tempfileName
> #The above line correctly prints the temporary file name every time!
> The directory exists, too!

would be helpful.

In addition, reducing your code to a simple 10 line example that
produces the same problem and that anyone can run would be helpful.
You might find that making the effort to produce a simple 10 line
example that mimics the problem, will actually result in your solving
the problem yourself.