TPCServer and xdrlib

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Tue May 20 10:22:46 EDT 2008

> - use simple file copying from a mounted network drive
Untrustable clients should not mount out anything from my server. (Also,
it is not a protocol. I need to communicate with a real program, not
just copying files.)
> - use http (web server)
I mentioned this before - don't know how to keep-alive with
simplehttpserver. Similar solutions e.g. Apache + mod_python are too
heavy weight. Too many dependencies etc.
> - use ftp
> - use scp
> - use rsync
>
> Why wouldn't one of these work for you? Did I miss something in your
> original requirements?
Yes. I also need business logic on the server. Not just copying file. It
happens that some of the messages will contain images.

Thank you for all your efforts. I think I'll go with TCPServer + xdrlib.

Laszlo