Python MIDI in 2008

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 04:46:15 EDT 2008

On May 6, 6:01 pm, Maciej Bliziński <maciej.blizin... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Is there any other package that allows sending MIDI events in real
> time? Did anyone recently got any of the above packages to work?

There's MidiKinesis (http://www.sci.ccny.cuny.edu/~brinkman/software/
midikinesis/) which allows for midi events to be bound to X-Windows
events.  It looks like it achieves this using ctypes to wrap around
the ALSA libs, which may be another approach to consider. The
MidiKineses codebase would be a good place to start if you wanted to
give that a try.

I'm sorry I can't be of much more help but please keep us posted on
what you find!

- alex23