Python and Flaming Thunder

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Fri May 23 05:30:08 EDT 2008

I V <ivlenin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On Thu, 22 May 2008 19:35:50 -0700, Charles Hixson wrote:
> > Although when comparing Candygram with Erlang it's worth noting that
> > Candygram is bound to one processor, where Erlang can operate on
> > multiple processors. (I'd been planning on using Candygram for a project
> > at one point, but this made it unusable.)
>
>  Really? The FAQ says it uses operating system threads, which I would have
>  thought would mean it runs on multiple processors (modulo, I suppose, the
>  issues with the GIL).

I think candygram is crying out to be married with stackless &or PyPy.
It also needs an IPC channel to compete with Erlang directly.

If you are interested in stackless python vs Erlang then take a look
at this...

  http://muharem.wordpress.com/2007/07/31/erlang-vs-stackless-python-a-first-benchmark/

...and read the discussion too!