How do *you* use Python in non-GUI work?

Kam-Hung Soh kamhung.soh at gmail.com
Sun May 18 21:52:57 EDT 2008

On Mon, 19 May 2008 08:20:22 +1000, John Salerno
<johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all. Just thought I'd ask a general question for my own interest.
> Every time I think of something I might do in Python, it usually
> involves creating a GUI interface, so I was wondering what kind of work
> you all do with Python that does *not* involve any GUI work. This could
> be any little scripts you write for your own benefit, or what you do at
> work, if you feel like talking about that! :)
>
> Thanks.
> --

- Enhancing existing products by scripting new features.
- Interface between databases, Excel and text files.
- Convert data between flat files and XML.
- Manage files for build processes.
- Automating processes (e.g. checkout, builds, FTP).

Wish I had some reasons to make a GUI application in Python.

--
Kam-Hung Soh <a href="http://kamhungsoh.com/blog">Software Salariman</a>