How do *you* use Python in non-GUI work?

Brian not_here at no_where.com
Sun May 18 20:56:30 EDT 2008

John Salerno wrote:
> Hey all. Just thought I'd ask a general question for my own interest. Every time I think of something I might do in Python, it usually involves creating a GUI interface, so I was wondering what kind of work you all do with Python that does *not* involve any GUI work. This could be any little scripts you write for your own benefit, or what you do at work, if you feel like talking about that! :)
>
> Thanks.

here is some non-text stuff that I have done within the
  last two or three years

1. controlling and parsing thousands of label files
several times per day, that are used by the factory to
drive the printers that make product safety labels -
code was easily approved by UL and CSA.
2. real-time control of platform in EMC lab for
radiated emissions testing.
3. hi-speed data acquisition of 3 to 20 parameters
during simulated abnormal operating conditions to
demonstrate product compliance with product safety
standards.
4. monitoring of several server logs, also sends email
to me if it finds something it does not like.
5. parallel monitor/control systems for several
greenhouses.