where to get McMillan Installer?

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Tue May 13 09:55:41 EDT 2008

On May 13, 8:23 am, gsal <salger... at gmail.com> wrote:
> hhhmmm...py2exe...I tried it earlier and it couldn't handle some of
> the packages I was using because they were in the "egg" form.  I was
> hoping Installer could...then again, I don't know how long ago
> Installer was written and whether eggs came along after that...
>
> Regarding the word 'copy'...will you please enlighten me? were you
> serious? is it really banned (around here)? I mean, I thought we were
> talking about an open application which, for as long as you pass along
> the (GNU,GPL) license, you are allowed to provide it to other people.
>
> So, then, allow me to ask the real question:  how do I go about
> deploying a Python application to somebody who has nothing (python nor
> related modules) where my application uses modules from Lib/site-
> packages that are in "egg" form?
>
> Regards,
>
> gsal

Funny you should ask that way; this is strictly speaking, real aside.

If people like to share, but don't know what enough is, (or when,)
real world problems can sometimes arise.  And it's not as easy as
asking an authority to see for yourself.  There are all kinds of power
structures and big sleeping men lying about.  They're big and
sleeping, just men.

Plagiarism (sp.) is a form of copying-- my professors have always
resented and penalized quoting right from the book.  I continue, if
the book's wording is the best way to say certain things (which would
be so popular as to be indistinguishable from analytic/necessary, i.e.
math), the study is rote, and the creation lies about.  But is math in
creation?  I might hold so.  One test even emphasizes, "in your own
words."

But the power structures are men, and men are living; what does life
want?  What will man try to do in and over time?  What are the
universe's poles/attractors/pulls?  What has he done before?  Is there
any money in any logical, cross-sectional isolation of them?  As it's
my belief that man can have too much money, what if you succeed in
trying to make it in the foregoing way?