writing python extensions in assembly

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Fri May 16 10:52:00 EDT 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008 10:13:04 -0400
"inhahe" <inhahe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone give me pointers/instructions/a template for writing a Python
> extension in assembly (or better, HLA)?

I am trying to imagine the requirements document for your project.

 - Must be error prone and hard to debug
 - Must take an order of magnitude longer to write
 - Must be unportable to other systems

Really, why don't you write your etension in C?  Do you really think
you will improve your code by writing it in assembler?  Even embedding
assembler in C code make it unportable and I find it hard to imagine
anything that you want to do in a Python context that can't be done at
least as well in C if not pure Python.

Just curious is all.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves