Why Turn "Print" into "Print()"????

Prisoner at War prisoner_at_war at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 05:21:06 EDT 2008

On May 26, 1:37 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:

> The differences aren't so fundamental or important: it's not an entirely new language, just some ugly old things are being removed or changed in incompatible ways (at *some* time it was supposed to happen - but could not happen on the 2.x series which has to remain backwards compatible)
> Also, Python 3.0 will be released simultaneously with 2.6, and there will be other 2.x releases. Python 2 won't magically disappear from Earth, I don't think Linux distros will come with Python 3.0 by default anytime soon (perhaps not before 3.1).

But I'd read that Python 3 is very different in many important ways.
I read it right there on the Py3K site!  I can't make sense of how,
why, even what, exactly, but that's not a misimpression on my part, I
certain nonetheless...it's not just cosmetic changes but important
ones pertaining to a sort of "linguistic logic" I gather....

> So learning Python with a book targeted to 2.5 isn't a waste of time - not at all.

Well, I will be learning Python from the excellent materials available
online, to be sure, but a book that I spend money for, well, I have
"higher standards" for it, you know, one of which is that it doesn't
get superseded so soon!

> (This subject has already been discussed several times in this group.)

Oops, sorry!  Just thinking aloud a logical follow-up question....