Pythonwin

Niklas Norrthon niklas.norrthon at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 06:46:49 EDT 2008

On 9 Maj, 12:30, Clive_S <clives... at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to use Python with ArcGIS.
>
> I have installed Python 2.4. I have an icon for IDLE and command line.
> I do not see Python PythonWin.
>
> How do you install or launch pythonwin??

There is a distribution of PythonWin bundled with the
ArcGIS Desktop installation media, but it is not
installed by the ArcGIS installer.

You have three options:
1. Install it manually from the ArcGIS installation
media.
2. Find it on the web (google for it), download and
install.
3. (My recommendation) Don't bother. IDLE is pretty
good. Emacs even better (unless you hate emacs).

--
Niklas Norrthon
ESRI S-GROUP