Learning Python for no reason

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon May 12 13:48:51 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-12, Martin v. L?wis <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> OTOH: do you plan to do any programming at all, in your
> life? If yes: consider using Python for every programming
> task you'll encounter - unless there are outside constraints
> demanding a different language. Python is flexible enough
> for *all* you programming needs (I claim);

Many, but not all.  Python doesn't work well on microprocessors
with a few thousand bytes of ROM and a few hundred bytes of
RAM.  Nor does it work well for writing device drivers for any
popular OS.

For windows/unix hosted user-space applications, Python is
pretty hard to beat.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I feel like I'm
                                  at               in a Toilet Bowl with a