So you think PythonCard is old? Here's new wine in an old bottle.

paul at ulkarodgers.com paul at ulkarodgers.com
Thu May 29 19:50:20 EDT 2008

Have you shown this stuff to the google AppEngine folks!
Thats being touted as the thing that'll make web-2 easy

but you have to write code (Python) which will turn off 99% of
possible users.

What made Hypercard really great  (and Supercard on DOS, and the new
clones like Revolution) is that it was a drag-n-drop GUI designer, it
"built-in" the data storage (persistence layer is what we call it now)
it was INTEGRATED, (you only had to get the one thing, not heinz-57-
bloody-pieces) and it used an easily-readable interpreted programming
language.

App-Engine has the persistence, and the integration, its missing the
others and without them it'll never be great.

call those guys, they need you!
I need your stuff on their infrastructure. THAT would be worth a case
of champagne.