usage of python

afrobeard afrobeard at gmail.com
Tue May 13 18:57:56 EDT 2008

If I were you, I'd show them actual code and how easy it is to get
things done. Showing them how to implement a GTalk Bot[http://
code.google.com/p/pygtalkrobot/] or how to build simple arcade games
with PyGame[http://www.pygame.org/news.html] would harbor much more
interest in my opinion because it'll show them their own power. There
may be some people who oppose this approach under the pretext that
students taking introductory programming courses should be taught C
because it incorporates the discipline that is much needed if they
want to become hard core CS researchers.

Anyways something that you can show and they will like is Frets On
Fire : [http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/]. Plus Pixar uses Python
in its rendering pipeline [Linux Mag July 2007].

My 0.02 Republican Credits