Separate output for log file and stdout

amit.uttam at gmail.com amit.uttam at gmail.com
Fri May 16 20:34:56 EDT 2008

Hey everyone,

I've recently jumped big time into python and I'm working on a
software program for testing automation. I had a question about proper
logging of output. What I would like is:

 1. a function syslog (to log output to log file only)
 2. a function stdout (to log output to stdout only)
 3. a function sslog (to log output to both log and stdout)

Right now I am using StandOut module http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/standout.html

It is quite useful but I can't seem to get good fine grained control
as my requirements.

How do the rest of you guys (gals) do this logging?

Thanks,
Amit