Separate output for log file and stdout

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri May 16 21:37:05 EDT 2008

amit.uttam at gmail.com writes:

> I've recently jumped big time into python and I'm working on a
> software program for testing automation.

Welcome, to both fields :-)

> I had a question about proper logging of output. What I would like
> is:
>
>  1. a function syslog (to log output to log file only)
>  2. a function stdout (to log output to stdout only)
>  3. a function sslog (to log output to both log and stdout)
>
> Right now I am using StandOut module

Have you investigated the 'logging' module in the Python standard
library <URL:http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-logging>? It appears
to meet your listed requirements, without need of external
dependencies.

--
 \        "I went to the hardware store and bought some used paint. It |
  `\                   was in the shape of a house."  -- Steven Wright |