Python application distribution

ron.longo longorh at npt.nuwc.navy.mil
Thu May 1 13:55:57 EDT 2008

I haven't figured out a way to do this but see no reason why it cannot be
done.  I have a decent size application written in 100% Python.  I would
like to distribute this application, but only the .pyc files.  Since the
.pyc's are just the compiled sources I figured it would work, but if I copy
just the pyc's and my main app's py into a directory by themselves, I'm
unable to execute.  Why is this?  At this point I'm not really keen on
handing out the source files to my application, it feels unprofessional.

Thanks,
Ron