Python web development that resembles PHP or classic ASP

Ivan Illarionov ivan.illarionov at gmail.com
Mon May 26 12:20:26 EDT 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008 17:49:01 +0200, Sebastian 'lunar' Wiesner wrote:

[...]
> Modern frameworks like Django or Grok require a somewhat great adaption,
> since they strongly restrict the programmer's freedom.  I doubt, that
> you would get Django or Grok working like your asp framework.

Actually, mordern frameworks (at least Djagno) does not "restrict the
programmer's freedom", they only encourage clean design.

It's perfectly possible to write Django app with only one view and url
pattern that redirects everything to different template engine like
Cheetah or Mako and all the logic could be put inside those templates.

But, IMHO, writing PHP-style Python webapp is silly.

Ivan