Now what!?

notbob notbob at nothome.com
Sat May 10 14:18:45 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-10, Ivan Illarionov <ivan.illarionov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Shebang is certainly broken, possible causes:
> 1. Wrong line endings (should be \n)

Nope.  Not it.

> 2. Whitespace before the shebang

BINGO!  ....we have a winner.  ;)

I thought for sure that was not correct.  No white space before the
sheba....  Wait a minute!  Howzabout a blank line above the shebang?  D0H!!

These are the minute details that bedevil the poor noob.  I've read dozens
of tutorials on different prog langs and have never read a single thing on
white space or blank lines preceding a shebang.  Till now.  I always get
frustrated and give up on learning programming, not really caring much for
coding, anyway.  But, dammit, I'm gonna stick with it this time.  I'll learn
python if it kills me!  ....that is, if you folks can stand all my dumb
questinons.  ;)

Thank you, Ivan, and other repondents.

nb  ....back to while loops