morning in Python

inhahe inhahe at gmail.com
Fri May 16 11:58:49 EDT 2008

I'm not an expert in this but what does it mean to emphasize state?  It
seems the opposite of that would be a) functional programming, and b)
passing parameters instead of using global or relatively local variables.
And maybe c) coroutines (generators as implemented in Python), although
perhaps coroutines could be said to emphasize state inasmuch as they go out
of their way to capture, objectify and reuse it (Stackless' microthreads,
even moreso).  And Python seems to be well-noted for implementing some
functional programming methodology, and as for passing parameters it's just
as object-oriented as the rest of them.

But as I said, I'm not an expert, so let me know if I've gone astray..