Help needed in choosing an algorithm for Cryptographic services.

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com`
Thu May 29 21:27:35 EDT 2008

abhishek wrote:
> Hi group, recently my employer asked me too implement encryption/
> decryption for secure data transfer over internet. Problem is that the
> client application is written using C# and the webserver where i need
> to store the information is developed using python.
>
> My situation of dilemma is which cryptographic method suits me best
> for this purpose.
>
> Help/Suggestions are urgently required
>
> Thank you ,
> Abhishek

Languages don't have anything to do with "what is best method".  It depends
on your application requirements.  If all you want is secure data "transfer"
just use SSL to encrypt the information while being transmitted.  If you wish
to have the data "stored encrypted" look into PGP.

-Larry