Running programs under a python program...

samslists at gmail.com samslists at gmail.com
Wed May 21 02:36:21 EDT 2008

So I have a python program that runs a bunch of other programs....it
then loops forever, occasionally executing other programs.

To run each of these programs my python code executes:
subprocess.Popen(command_line, shell=True, stdout=fd,
stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)

where command_line is an appropriate command line.  :)

Now my problem is when I abort this program it kills off all the child
processes I've started. In this case I don't want that.   How can I
stop the child processes from dieing when I kill off the parent?

Thanks!