where do I begin with web programming in python?

jmDesktop needin4mation at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:25:11 EDT 2008

I have been to the main python site, but am still confused.  I have
been using .net, so it may be obvious how to do this to everyone
else.  I am aware there are various frameworks (Django, Pylons, etc.),
but I would like to know how to create web pages without these.  If I
have mod_python or fastcgi on apache, where do I start?  I don't have
clue where to begin to create a web page from scratch in python.  I am
sure I will want to access database, etc., all the "normal" stuff, I
just want to do it myself as opposed to the frameworks, for learning.

Thank you for any help.