Why Turn "Print" into "Print()"????

Prisoner at War prisoner_at_war at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 01:06:02 EDT 2008

On May 25, 8:37 pm, "drobi... at gmail.com" <drobi... at gmail.com> wrote:

> See  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3105/
> That should answer all your questions.

Hey, thanks, I missed that one!

Not that I understand the rationale given (iman00b), but oh well, so
it looks like a real function now.

Might you have any idea, BTW, whether the upcoming "Head First
Programming" from O'Reilly, coming in August, will cover Python 3??
Unlikely, right?  Unless maybe if that guy Vern Ceder (the author) is
active in the Python development community??

I'd already pre-ordered the book...but it makes no sense to get a book
on "old" Python 2.x if it's just going to get deprecated in like a
year or two!  Then again, current Python programs would still work,
right?  I mean, once it's been done up as an executable...PySol or
something should still work, right?  (Sorry, iman00b, I don't really
know how this stuff works....)