smtplib "authentication required" error

cher cheryl.giomi at comcast.net
Sat May 17 14:18:29 EDT 2008

Hey,

Don't know if you can help, but I'm trying to import archived messages
from Thunderbird into my gmail account and keep getting these types of
errors.  I am using the GML program to help incorporate, but the SMTP
server is not being recognized by gmail.  Am I doing something wrong?
Anything else I can try?
SMTP I've tried:
    smtp.gmail.com
    gsmtp56.google.com

Error Val : (530, '5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
m29sm9416768poh.4',
*** 76 ERROR SENDING MESSAGE FROM: rick at bassisloadeddj.com
*** UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER OR SEND MESSAGE. ERROR FOLLOWS.
Error Type: smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused
Error Val : (530, '5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
n22sm9448670pof.3', 'rick at bassisloadeddj.com')

Thanks,
Cher