any good g.a.'s?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Tue Mar 25 12:03:56 EDT 2008

> Any good genetic algorithms involving you-split, i-pick?

I've always heard it as "you divide, I decide"...

That said, I'm not sure how that applies in a GA world.  It's
been a while since I've done any coding with GAs, but I don't
recall any facets related to the You Divide, I Decide problem.
It sounds like a simple optimization of "equality", which would
be a normal use of a GA.  This would apply for both the division
and the decision, depending on which side the GA is (the "you" or
the "I") or two diff. GAs can be on either side of the process.

-tkc