Why prefer != over <> for Python 3.0?

Lie Lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 13:57:28 EDT 2008

On Mar 30, 7:48 pm, Bjoern Schliessmann <usenet-
mail-0306.20.chr0n... at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Torsten Bronger wrote:
> > Maybe he means "?".
>
> Haven't seen this either, nor do I think it's the same than "<>".
> From afar, it looks more like "><".

Actually I meant an X-like symbol that is made not by crossing but by
><. I retracted saying it is the standard, now that I think about it
the last time I saw >< was in elementary school (although it stuck on
my head better than a crossed =, which I first met in high school).

> But this does more look like
> South Park style shut eyes than an operator. :)

lol, I agree, it looks too much like closed eye smiley. Forums might
automatically convert them to graphic smileys so it is obviously a bad
choice if it is to be used.