[OT] troll poll

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Mon Mar 31 15:06:30 EDT 2008

Duncan Booth wrote:
> Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
>

>> "Daniel Fetchinson" <fetchinson at googlemail.com> writes:
>>
>>> [  ] - Xah Lee
>>> [  ] - castironpi
>>>
>> I've lost track but has it been established that they are not the same
>> person?
>>

> Has it actually been established that castironpi is actually a person? I
> thought it was probably a random sentence generator.

Ahhh...  Perhaps someone is running a Turing test on us.  That is, if we
can't tell the difference between castironpi and a *real* human (which
we demonstrate whenever we try to respond to or reason with him/her/it),
then castironpi can be declared to be a truly *intelligent* AI.
AFAICT, there appears no danger of that happening yet.

Gary Herron :-)