Unicode/UTF-8 confusion

Tom Stambaugh tms at zeetix.com
Sun Mar 16 06:56:38 EDT 2008

I want to thank this community -- especially Carsten Haese -- for your
patience with my confusion and for your several suggestions about how to
resolve the issue. As a newcomer to python-list, I appreciate your
willingness to respond to my request and your graciousness in helping me see
the contribution I made to my issue.

I now see that, as is often the case, I was asking the wrong question. The
immediate problem that this exchange helped me identify is that I needed to
escape the json string *again* on its way through my html wrapper. The far
more elegant approach sketched by Carsten is the simple act of dropping the
apostrophes in my own wrapper. I love that! It works, it's elegant, and it
typifies the things that an outside "pair of eyes" can see far more
immediately than me. Thank you, Carsten.

All in all, this was an extraordinarily helpful exchange. Thank you all, and
I hope I can perhaps make similar contributions.