Getting started with OS X Leopard

Mark Carter me at privacy.net
Sat Mar 15 14:05:28 EDT 2008

One thing I really liked about Ubuntu was that Nautilus allowed you to
add scripts to a directory which could be accessed via the RMB. It was a
very simple thing to do.

I've recently switched to Leopard, and I'm trying to do the same thing.
I'm fairly experienced with Python, but new to OS X. I have installed
FinderPop, which lets me add scripts and make them accessible via
Contextual Menus, but it is not as easy as the Nautilus way.

The sorts of things I want to do are:
* copy the directory of Finder to the clipboard
* add a new file to Finder's directory.
* find out the size of a directory
* open a file with Aquamacs, regardless of file type,

My head's swimming, though. Anyone got any really good pointers and
sample scripts that will help me work out how to achieve the sorts of
things I'm trying to do?