Talking to a usb device (serial terminal)

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Mar 3 16:25:19 EST 2008

On 2008-03-03, blaine <frikker at gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as PySerial goes - were trying to stick to built-in
> modules since cross compiling to an arm processor is being a
> little bit of a pain for us.

pyserial is pure python, so I don't see how it's going to be
any more painful than something you write yourself.  If you
want something that's more of a transparent object wrapper
aroudn the Posix serial interface, there's PosixSerial.py (upon
which pyserial's posix support is based):

ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/python/PosixSerial.py

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Everybody gets free
                                  at               BORSCHT!