Apache binary error?

Graham Dumpleton Graham.Dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 16:58:14 EDT 2008

On Mar 18, 4:43 am, Sean Allen <s... at ardishealth.com> wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2008, at 10:55 AM, Michael Wieher wrote:
>
> > have simple webpage running
>
> > apache,mod_python
>
> > the error is binary....
> > ...binary as in "every other" time I load the page, Firefox keeps
> > telling me I'm downloading a python script, and asks to open it in
> > WINE, which is really strange.
>
> > then, alternately, it loads the page just fine.  any clues as to why
> > this is happening?
> > --
>
> for anything like mod_perl,mod_pythonetc the first thing i do when i
> get really weird errors
> it move to having only one apache process for testing.
>
> might want to start there.

In mod_python handler code:

  req.content_type = 'text/plain'

or otherwise.

If you don't indicate what the response content type is web browsers
will often try and work it out based on the extension in the URL.

This is presuming you configured Apache correctly and your code is
actually being executed and you aren't just serving up your code
instead.

Graham