Python installation problem

cosmo_general at yahoo.com cosmo_general at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 23:42:38 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

I downloaded a pre-compiled version 2.5, and intalled it without any
error message; and I can command line playing on Python through firing
up IDLE or command-line. However, I just can't compile the python file
existing in a directory. Today, I tried to fire Python in a DOS
window, then I got error message: Python is not a runnable command or
batch file. It means that the eveiornment variables of my Python
interpreter are not set well yet. My computer runs a Windows XP.
Anyboy can help on this? Thanks!

Muddy Coder