Getting Python to run Python Scripts in cygwin

Cédric Lucantis omer at no-log.org
Thu Jun 19 12:41:40 EDT 2008

Le Thursday 19 June 2008 18:14:03 Calvin Cheng, vous avez écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> This may be a cygwin issue but I was hoping to get some answers here
> as well if someone has fixed this problem before.
>
> Basically, I am able to run "python <scriptname>.py" python files in
> command prompt.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work in
> cygwin.  I always get an error that says:
> python: can't open file '<scriptname>.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory

I don't think this is a python problem. Unlike dos, unix (and cygwin) dont
look for executables in the current dir by default. Do you correctly
type './yourscript.py' rather than 'yourcript.py' ?
If it doesn't help it might be an end-line problem : python doesn't care about
them, but the shebang line is parsed by cygwin and should match the end-line
style you've chosen at cygwin installation time. (See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline#Common_problems)

--
Cédric Lucantis