Getting Python to run Python Scripts in cygwin

Calvin Cheng calvin.cheng at od-eon.com
Thu Jun 19 12:14:03 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

This may be a cygwin issue but I was hoping to get some answers here
as well if someone has fixed this problem before.

Basically, I am able to run "python <scriptname>.py" python files in
command prompt.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work in
cygwin.  I always get an error that says:
python: can't open file '<scriptname>.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I have looked at my environment variables and it seems to be correct.

Would be grateful if someone who has gotten python to work correctly
on cygwin could point me in the right direction.

It is very cumbersome switching back-and-forth between command prompt
and cygwin just to run python scripts.

Thank you in advance,
Calvin